Would you like to get involved in improving bus and transit services in South Boston? Please feel welcome to come to a monthly meeting. All are welcome!
Here are some of the issues the transit team has been working on:
BUS/Transit Issues: Safety and Access (MBTA)
The following action steps were agreed upon at the 10/27 meeting (if you can work on any of these, please let us know):
1. Meet with Dave Carney
2. Develop proposal for
- Bus routes on Bway --> larger buses
- Andrew-Waterfront route
- Consolidated stops
- Local route for peak hours
- #7 diverted to 1st Street
- Future Boston Alliance
- Greenovate Boston
- T Riders Union
- Establish standing buses
- Private transportation plan (local developers)
1. Mark your calendar to attend MassDOT's meeting, "Your Vision, Our Future: A Transportation Conversation":
November 29, 2012 6-8 PM
Massachusetts Transportation Building
Conference Rooms 1,2,3
10 Park Plaza
Boston, MA 02116
More info at http://www.massdot.state.ma.
2. Advocate for better MBTA service, system-wide. Learn how at http://www.ace-ej.org/tru/
For Planet Southie Bus/MBTA Action Team info, please contact email@example.com
1. ISSUE: Crowding
SOLUTION: Bigger buses
2. ISSUE: #7 on 1st Street route
- Adjust Bus route to Pappas
- Make O and First a bus depot
3. ISSUE: Possible private transportation buses with the new commercial developments
ACTION STEP: Research
4. ISSUE: #11 on city side - overcrowded
- New bus route Andrew to D St.
- Expand the Silver Line
5. ISSUE: Entire MBTA system is underfunded; these are system-wide issues
SOLUTION: Increased funding for MBTA that would enable equitable access and affordable fairs.
- Collaborate with T Riders Union and groups in other Boston neighborhoods to advocate for the above solution.
- Attend T Riders Union trainings about how public transportation advocacy
ACTION STEPS FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE (1-5):
- Attend meetings – Mass DOT
- Present to Dave Carney at the T
- Invite Rich Davies to a meeting
Who volunteered to join together to work on this:
Mark , Josh, Susan, Steve, Jessica, Commissioner Tinlin, more help is always needed, so everyone is welcome!
- TRU: The T Riders Union http://www.ace-ej.org/tru
- Please suggest others